Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pre/Post assessment of SHoM

I created a simple pre/post assessment of SHoM. I recently had my Art 1 students complete the top part. At the end of the year, they will complete the bottom part. Next year, this is something that I will do the first week of school and then complete at the end of the year.

After break, students will reflect on a sculpture project by using the lens: Engage & Persist. I am working on a think sheet to give them. This is the first 3-D project they have done. Students had to make the transition from thinking to 2-D to thinking in 3-D. Look for photos of our towers & reflections after spring break.


I've started a Pinterest Board about Studio Thinking.

I found these images that show ShoM and ways to integrate them into other curriculum areas.

Cheryl

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    Did they complete the pre-assessment without any introduction to the SHoM language at all? Just curious. I've created an Art I rubric (located in Google Docs) that introduces the students to SHoM thinking through guided reflection, but we won't be formally introducing Art I's to the language until next year.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Yes, the pre-assessment was done without any intro to SHoM. I wanted to know what students thought these terms meant, what ideas they have about studio thinking. I want to find out & document a change in thinking. BTW - my chart is in Google docs - High School section

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl, I am facing difficulty in how should i show the growth in student thinking as an impact of art class that implemented studio thinking framework. Pls guide me.

    ReplyDelete