On May 12th Megan Pahmier, an artist and teacher from Brooklyn, NY visited us at the storefront. She invited us to think about the space through the following prompts:
• Activate existing phenomena (wind, gravity, light . . .)
• Connect 2 things to one another
• Create a line (a path, a fence, a column . . .)
• Mark a site (a landmark, a memorial, a space for . . . )
• Change the viewer/participant's perspective
• Play with scale (the size of the things in relation to one another)
• Make something visible that was previously invisible
We spent the day making at the storefront.
|Watching a video of Merle Ukele |
talking about her "Maintenance art"
|Bridget talking with Gloria|
|Agnes Martin drawing|
|Mountains from the outside|